Skip to main content

Google Webmaster Report June 2015

This month was pretty busy with Google organic changes that are important to summarize for you all.

First up, Google admitted there was a Google update on and around May 1st after denying it. John Mueller said Google is working on faster Pandas and Penguins, again. Also, Google explained again why those algorithms may be both real time and not.

There was a massive local search change this month, Google denied it and then a day or two later, things returned to normal. They also may have slapped webmasters with manual actions earlier this month.

Google renamed Google Webmaster Tools to Google Search Console, brought App Indexing to iOS Apps, added reporting for app indexing to the console and there may have been a rich snippet reduction.

Google also promised to drop emojis but they are still there.

Did you see the Google Penalty server? Oh, and Matt Cutts was replaced at Google.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The Google Webmaster report provides valuable insights into search updates and SEO practices that businesses should follow to maintain strong online visibility. With Digital Marketing Services in Delhi Art Attackk can help businesses adapt to changing search trends and grow online.

Popular posts from this blog

Google’s Matt Cutts –  who holds the title of “distinguished engineer” — is taking a break from his duties as Google’s chief web spam fighter. Cutts has announced on his personal blog that he’s taking leave through October. It will be the longest break Cutts has ever taken from Google since he started with the company back in 2000 and since he began overseeing the web spam team in 2004. It’s also one that he writes is overdue. From his post : When I joined Google, my wife and I agreed that I would work for 4-5 years, and then she’d get to see more of me. I talked about this as recently as last month and as early as 2006. And now, almost fifteen years later I’d like to be there for my wife more. I know she’d like me to be around more too, and not just physically present while my mind is still on work. Cutts says he’ll be off work through October of this year. He notes he won’t be checking any work email. He also stressed that there’s no specific event behind him...

Google Update Early in This Month

So after reporting a Google update on May 1st, then waiting and watching the community over the weekend to say - oh boy, there was a Google update rolling out over Friday through the weekend - we then had Google tell us there was no update. I used a Panda bear giving an evil stare because most of us knew something changed. And Google, after a bunch of arm twisting, finally gave me/us confirmation, which I posted on Search Engine Land. Google told us this was not an update for web spam, but a normal Google core search quality update. That is what I said earlier but I didn't have it on record. I assumed it wasn't related to Panda, Penguin or core spam, but rather a normal Google search core algorithm update and it was. I am not sure exactly why Google wouldn't confirm it back then but now they are and hopefully in the future they will as well. So the 10% of you that call me out as a traffic whore (or whatever you call me) for being the first to report on ...

Google: We Are Working On Making The Penguin Updated Continuously

Google says they hope to release a new Penguin update that is updated by itself in the next several months.    Google’s Gary Illyes announced that their Penguin does currently run slowly but they are working hard to make it update literally in real time. Meaning that the algorithm will get data that is refreshed all the time, continuously. Currently, the data has to be manually refreshed to see any ranking changes for sites impacted by Penguin. Gary explained it is hard for Google to do this right now because it requires a lot of reworking the algorithm. But that is their goal, to make the Penguin algorithm run by itself, without manually refreshing any data. Gary also said that this is not the case with Panda , they don’t see it running continuously but rather requiring a manual data refresh. Gary said this is months and months away and didn’t give us a date for when webmasters can expect this change. Ref: http://searchengineland.com/google-we-are-...